Monday 23 November 2009

Lou Dobbs run for election




Lou Dobbs has admitted that he is considering running for election.

The newsreader announced that he is leaving his CNN show last week. However, he is now reportedly thinking about running for either the New Jersey Senate or as a presidential candidate in 2012. "I am ruling nothing out," he said. "I have come to no conclusions and no decisions. Do I seek to have some influence on public policy? Absolutely. Do I seek to represent and champion the middle class in this country and those who aspire to it? Absolutely. And I will."

Dobbs also explained that he left his show because it was becoming too "middle-of-the-road".

He said: "[CNN] wanted to reverse direction on my show from what had been a news debate and my opinion to a middle-of-the-road, as Jon Klein styled it, non-opinion show. "It was just not gratifying to me to sit there and read a news show - and I much prefer to be more engaged." It was recently announced that John King will take over Dobbs's timeslot when he leaves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



HOT CELEBRITY © 2008 Por *Templates para Você*